11th Annual Kars For Kids raised over $50,000
The 11th Annual Kars For Kids was this weekend, in the C-A-L Ranch Parking lot, benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of Sierra Vista and The Fraternal Order Of Police, Lodge 28. The car, truck, and motorcycle show is a fun event for the entire family, DJ, Door Prizes, a $1,000 Gift Card Raffle, a Live auction including a 350 GM Crate Motor, Food Vendors, Public Safety Displays, and more.
This year they brought in over $50,000 and an event record. The official total will be out this Thursday. Thank you to everyone who came out to support these two great local community non-profit organizations.
Sheriff Mark Dannels said, “On behalf of the Kars For Kids committee, I want to extend our sincere appreciation to our sponsoring businesses, vendors, public safety partners, vehicle owners and enthusiasts, and the public for embracing another successful year in support of the boys and Girls Club of Sierra Vista youth and outreach programs, sponsored by our fraternal order of police lodge #28. I hope to see everyone again for our 12th annual Kars For Kids.” -Sheriff Mark Dannels, Kars For Kids Chairman.
Everything at this event is donated. Cochise County Sheriff Mark Dannels continued, "Your sponsorship goes 100% to these organizations, 70% to The Boys and Girls Club, and the other 30% goes to the Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge 28, for their outreach programs." All the funds raised from the raffle prizes and auction also go to the two charities. "In the past, we raised about $7,000 to $10,000 just on our auction items, so this is a huge fundraiser.", said Dannels
There were over 250 cars on display this year. Everything from Classic cars to modern cars, trucks, vans, jeeps, and novelty cars. A large number of local residents attended the show as well. There were law enforcement displays and food vendors. A DJ blasted music fitting to the car genre.
Look for the official numbers to come out this week. The funds raised are for the Boys and Girls Club of Sierra Vista and the Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge 28.
Check out some highlight pictures from the event below: